FastPay is seeking a User Interface (Web, Mobile and Tablet) Engineering Manager/Lead with a proven track record in the design, development and operation of scalable, complex, high performance web, mobile and tablet based applications built on SOA/API technologies. This is a hands-on leadership/development position which includes managing and leading other web software developers as the team grows.
At FastPay you will be working with cutting edge technologies to analyze, build, and develop the software platform for the next generation of B2B lending services. You will be collaborating with a top tier team of technology and financial professionals to help design, implement, and maintain the platform that processes and manages FastPay’s external partner integrations and lending portfolio.
- Leads, directs and manages the UI Technologies Team, and helps recruit, screen, hire, train, mentor and coach technology candidates both within and outside this team.
- Coordinates, leads and actively participates in all web software development projects, including technical requirements gathering, resource allocation, design and documentation, scheduling, development, implementation, task tracking, and status reporting.
- Creates and updates technical documentation for projects including: functional specifications, process design and decomposition, interaction, object, data flow, sequence and flowchart diagrams.
- Collaborates closely and regularly with the other Technology Teams, Quality Engineering, Product Development, Project Management and Customer Service.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, deploys, and maintains software development tools and utilities.
- Helps develop, maintain and enforce the company’s software development standards, and conducts design and code reviews on a regular basis to ensure compliance.
Skills & Experience
- Strong skills and experience designing, developing, and supporting complex, scalable, high-traffic, high-availability layered web and mobile applications with an emphasis on user-facing technologies.
- Solid experience designing and building iOS and Android mobile and tablet apps.
- Solid experience with SQL and Relational Databases.
- Experience leading, building and managing teams with decision making responsibilities.
- Experience with the Agile Development Process and related tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication, teamwork, and documentation skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, and RDS.
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL Technologies such as Elastic MapReduce and Redshift.
- Passion for open source technologies, communities and philosophies.
- Experience and interest in financial products and services.
FastPay is a next generation lender providing specialized lines of credit to growing companies. By combining proprietary technology with industry experience, FastPay can quickly assess the creditworthiness of a business and provide loans ranging from $100k to several million in under 48 hours to help customers effectively manage their cash flow. FastPay offers competitive wages and benefits, a dynamic work environment, and an incredible opportunity to advance your career.
FastPay offers competitive benefits, lunch three times a week, stock ownership, and an awesome group of smart, fun people to work with! To learn more about FastPay, please visit us at: http://www.gofastpay.com.
FastPay is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Successful completion of a post-offer background check is required.